Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Story # 1

Name: Angela
Former Religion: Christian

When I was 21 I was searching for the truth. I had been raised Christian, but I no longer believed what they affirmed to be the truth. It was like every week I would go to church and one person would say this is the truth or this is the way to go to heaven and then another person would say no that is not right this is the way. And they had conflicting ideas and different ways. I just couldn't believe that what they really said was really true.


In my heart I wanted to know the truth. But I had no idea how to find the truth. My mother was a devout Christian. She would go to church every Saturday. She was involved in the different Christian outreach programs, but again I found no peace in her way of life. I didn't believe that was the truth. I went through the motions but I didn't believe in it. There was an inherent confusion and it was not a way of life.

One day a friend showed me a debate between Jimmy Swaggart and Ahmed Deedat. Absolutely amazing! I was completely convinced the Ahmed Deedat spoke the truth. It was so clear like living in the darkness so long and then suddenly someone turned on the light. That light was Islam. Shortly after I went to the mosque, I attended some classes about Islam and then I took the Shahadah.

Alhamdulillah! SubhanAllah Allah guided me to the truth. It was a great miracle in my life. Alhamdulillah Allah guided me and showed me the truth. Alhamdulillah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment